Problem with the line in signal

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to record something with garageband a few days ago. But now I cant get any sound through the line-in input. The "input-meter" wont even move. What could be wrong?

I know that all the cables/instruments are ok, and theres plenty of sound coming out. I also called my local mac distrubutor and they couldnt help me either.

What should i do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 8GB iPhone
I am so fed up with this issue as well. I use a USB microphone and also bought an M Audio Podcast Factory USB preamp, including microphone and cannot get a decent input level in Garage Band or any other Mac application. Bottom line is, the sound card in my iMac is crap!! I have to literally have my mouth on the mic to get anything at a decent level. All of the forums out there have people reporting low input levels on all macs. The cheezy little built-in mic picks up sound better. Unfortunately, the Macs suck at external microphone input!!! They are crap....nuff said!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hi,

I tried to record something with garageband a few days ago. But now I cant get any sound through the line-in input. The "input-meter" wont even move. What could be wrong?

I know that all the cables/instruments are ok, and theres plenty of sound coming out. I also called my local mac distrubutor and they couldnt help me either.

What should i do?
Was it the right type of track? (i.e. a "real instrument" track and not a midi track?)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.