Issue with my CD/DVD Drive

F

fishbulb

Hi all, I'm a noob, but my cd.dvd drive stopped working (accepting discs) and not only that, but even external drives seem to not work with my mac. Anyone ever seen something like this happen? If so, is there a fix?

If you need anymore information, please let me know, I would love to fix this for no $$ if possible.

OP
F

fishbulb

sorry, I guess I put this in the wrong forum, it is a powerbook G4. So I don't know who, but can someone move it? Please.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
fishbulb said:
sorry, I guess I put this in the wrong forum, it is a powerbook G4. So I don't know who, but can someone move it? Please.
Thread has been place in the powerbook forum. :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have you checked all of your connections? Also please describe your setup, that will help in ascertaining a solution to your problem.

OP
F

fishbulb

all connections are good, in fact the computer is working well on the whole, it is just the cd/dvd drive (slot) and any form of external cd/dvd drives that aren't working.

For instance, I have an external hard drive that is having no problems.

This is the only other info I have:

Machine Model: PowerBook G4
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (11.3)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 400 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 1 MB
Memory: 256 MB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz
Boot ROM Version: 4.1.8f5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.