Old Game, Newer iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" MBP • 2.66Ghz iMac
Hi guys, years ago a friend gifted me with the game Myst IV Revelation. I've read up on the reviews then and was excited to try it out. But at that time my machine wasn't up to it. Things piled up at work and at home that I stowed it away and planned to come back for it when I had the time and somehow never got back to unearthing it again. Fast forward to yesterday, I was cleaning out stuff and I saw it again. Now my schedule's a bit lighter and my Mac's a little bit more powerful (late2009 iMac, 2.66GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM) that I was wondering...would this thing still play on my machine?

:)

BTW my OS is only Leopard, NOT Snow Leopard but I plan to upgrade by next month.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi guys, years ago a friend gifted me with the game Myst IV Revelation. I've read up on the reviews then and was excited to try it out. But at that time my machine wasn't up to it. Things piled up at work and at home that I stowed it away and planned to come back for it when I had the time and somehow never got back to unearthing it again. Fast forward to yesterday, I was cleaning out stuff and I saw it again. Now my schedule's a bit lighter and my Mac's a little bit more powerful (late2009 iMac, 2.66GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB RAM) that I was wondering...would this thing still play on my machine?

:)

BTW my OS is only Leopard, NOT Snow Leopard but I plan to upgrade by next month.

Like you said...this is an older game...from somewhere around 2005. Here are the original system requirements & info:

Apple - Downloads - Demos & Updates - Myst IV: Revelation

Here are the latest patches that I could find:

Ubisoft - Myst® IV Revelation

The last patch was from 2005 (before Intel Mac's were released)...so who know's if it will run...or run well. Since you have 10.5 installed...and have an Intel Mac...do you have "Rosetta" installed. This is a program that comes with the OS software (an optional install)...that allows PPC programs to run on an Intel based Mac.

When you're dealing with software that's on the older side...you just have to install it...and see if it will run.

HTH,

- Nick

p.s. Link fo more info on "Rosetta":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosetta_(software)

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
I tried to run this a while back on my 2009 intel mac and it didnt work (it wouldnt install). i didnt try and fix it however, you might be able to get it to run.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.