airport extreme network setup

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to configure my Airport Extreme so I can connect both my MacBook Pro and my HP tablet to a little wireless network. I want to use Teamviewer to control my MB from my tablet. This seems to work fine when I connect both to my Airport Express network at home, which is connected to the internet. My Airport Extreme however will never be used with internet connected to it, so I need it to take control of handing out IP adresses.

The problem is not TeamViewer, since I just can't configure my Airport extreme correctly to get this little network started...

Could someone tell me how to configure my Airport extreme correctly for this setup?

Thanks!

Charlie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Not enuff info - as i read it the Express is connected to the Internet < by Modem? > and the Extreme is not. How is the MBP connected? to both Express and Extreme and if so how? - wireless or ethernet. Same for Tablet - how connected and to best of my experience Team Viewer needs an internet connection. My guess is you would be better of with 2 Macs and using Bonjour and iChat screen share and make life simple.

OP
K
Reaction score
Airport Extreme LAN

Well,

I can't run around in a concert hall with a macbook on my arm, trying to dial in the sound system, now can I? I'm trying to control my MacBook Pro, who's connected to the sound system, with my tablet. If Apple would be so kind as to finally make a tablet, I would be the first to buy it...
For now, I need a way to connect a wireless tablet to my MacBook Pro, and have some kind of Teamviewer/VNC software running on both, so I can control the sound system as if it was connected to my wireless tablet. I thought it would be easy with an Airport Extreme, but apparently it isn't. So if someone could help me, it would be very much appreciated.
Again: setup: MacBook Pro, connected to sound system via USB or Ethernet. Tablet PC connected wireless to Airport Extreme. Airport Extreme connected to MacBook Pro wireless or via Ethernet, whatever works...
Teamviewer does work on a LAN only setup, but it does need IP adresses. So now I need to now how I can get my Airport Extreme to give IP adresses to both the MacBook Pro and the Tablet PC.

If I use the network of my Airport EXPRESS that's installed at home (which is connected to the internet by cable modem), then everything works fine.

As you can see, I don't know anything about networks, so please help me out.

Thanks.

Karel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Your MBP would have arrived with a remote as mine did. I have used mine at a distance to control a presentation on the MBP and it would be a lot less bulky than a Tablet - give that a shot. Otherwise you can use Airport Utility to set one of the Airport units to Bridge Mode or Handing out DHCP but i have never tried it in a non internet situation so am not much help there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.