Finder window

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook4,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor S
Ok be gentle with me as I don't know all the technical names for stuff *lol* but basically my finder window won't close.

I've tried re-launching it, I've tried restarting comp to no avail. I can hide it, but every time I click on desktop it just comes back up.

Also I have a white disk thing on my desktop, like you get when you install an application and you eject it after you've installed the application. Well I can eject it, but when I reboot it comes back again.
I have a macbook with leopard on it. Sorry for been so vague

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook4,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor S
yes doesn't close window and yes ejects but comes back after reboot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Ok so we have to look a bit deeper. First what OS are u on - Apple/About this Mac - top left of menu bar. Version?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Leopard 10.5.8 I know what the disk is that is coming up. I have mobile broadband with 3 (UK) and it's a blank document file in that. Been to 3 connect files but can't find anything in there.
I do appreciate your help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Something seems a bit odd so try downloading and installing this - might help straighten things out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Some mobile broadband applications insist on putting the disk on the desktop everytime you use it.
Vodafone NZ does too. You will unfortunately have to ignore it till they get the software updated.

Check System Prefs > Accounts > login items and deselect the Finder so it doesn't open a window at log on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.