I'm back, but still no Mac. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't have one yet.
I joined this forum several months ago. I still am trying to get a Mini Mac, but have been running into car problems and bills and such, thus keeping me from getting any Apple computer whatsoever.

I would like to get Apple's Juniper card to get myself the Mac Mini, but I guess I'll be told no since I have no credit. At least I don't have any bad credit. What are the chances you think Apple would approve me of their card? I'm guessing zero chance.

I still have this silly Windows based computer. It may be way faster than the Mini Mac, and even fatser than the iMacs or their laptops, but I still want an Apple. Have been wanting one for a few years now, but never got around to it. Hopefully one way or the other I can get one by spring or summer.

Thanks!:)

Reaction score
You can apply online for the card and it says that it will give you a decision in 30 seconds, so well worth a try. I'm guessing that the credit is provided by one of the major credit card companies the same as most store branded credit cards. Why not see what kind of finance the Apple Store can give you, you will have to pay more interest but if you want your Mac it might be an option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Don't buy what you can't afford. If your financial state is such that you A) have no credit and B) can't even afford a Mac mini without financing it, and C) already have a fast PC, then you've got some serious issues.

Either sell the PC first, or start saving.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Don't buy what you can't afford. If your financial state is such that you A) have no credit and B) can't even afford a Mac mini without financing it, and C) already have a fast PC, then you've got some serious issues.

Either sell the PC first, or start saving.
Smart advice. "car problems and bills and such" are much more important and need to come first. Especially if you already have a computer that is functioning as it should.

If you have been able to put money aside and are really interested in getting a Mac, then take a look on eBay or Craigslist for an older/previous generation model. You'll save money and still have a Mac that is extremely capable.

Reaction score
Yes, I would suggest buying a g4 or maybe even a g3 they still work and will give you a taste of mac and you could probably find something under 500

OP
Macropolis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't have one yet.
Yeah, I plan to sell this PC. Starting off at $599 for the Mini Mac isn't bad. I'm just waiting it out,`cos for one, I was seriously thinking about getting one last summer, but the Leopard O/S wasn't available yetnow it is.

Two, I'd hate to get either of the two models and then they bump up the processor speed, memory, and HD. I heard I should wait a little longer,`cos all of that might jump up quite a bit.

I'm not sure if Apple computers are where you can just upgrade the heck out of it like PCs. My PC is upgradable to a 3 or 4 gig processor, 4 or 5 gigs of RAM, and of course no limit for HDs. But the fact is, no matter how fast this PC is or can become, I rather have an Apple. I've heard too many good and liitle bad about Mac, and too much bad and liitle good about Windows, not to mention I've had 9 years of problems and hassles with Windows, myself.

Whether I can sell this PC or not, I'll have the money to get a Mini Mac, but I was hoping Apple would let me have a card. I know how credit companies are. It seems all who have great credit can get cards, and even those whose credit is shot, can get credit, too; but if you have no credit, no one wants to give you any. So let's see what Apple says come spring/summer.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
Juniper is fairly lenient from what I've seen. While I agree with everyone about not using credit to buy things, you have to start somewhere to start building credit and $600 isn't a bad amount to start. It's not like you are spending $15K on a brand new car....

Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.2 GHZ 12GB RAM Mac Pro w/ Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse and 30in Cinema Display
sigh, the economy robs yet another person.

Ahh, not worth the risk. More Car Problems (lol) leads to late fees and more interest, which leads to bad credit and not being able to pay, which leads to u being bankrupt.

If you have a $30k< income, go for your new mac. Ebay wont do the trick. A 20% saving isnt gonna do much.

OP
Macropolis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't have one yet.
sigh, the economy robs yet another person.

Ahh, not worth the risk. More Car Problems (lol) leads to late fees and more interest, which leads to bad credit and not being able to pay, which leads to u being bankrupt.

If you have a $30k< income, go for your new mac. Ebay wont do the trick. A 20% saving isnt gonna do much.
My car has been paid off for a few years now. It's the transmission that keeps acting up.

But I will have the money to get the Mini as soon as I get my ITR, (income tax return) but I still wanna wait until spring or summer to see if the Minis will have more processor speed, memory, and HD space. Maybe they won't change one bit, but they might.

Some ask why do I want the slowest and weakest of the Apples. It's`cos I believe it will be good enough for me,`cos all I do is internet, photography, music, and bulletin editing. The Mini says it all... they're small, and I need room on my desk to read and write; and having it at the corner of my desk is a great place for it.:)

OP
Macropolis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't have one yet.
Juniper is fairly lenient from what I've seen. While I agree with everyone about not using credit to buy things, you have to start somewhere to start building credit and $600 isn't a bad amount to start. It's not like you are spending $15K on a brand new car....

Good luck.

Thanks!

Yeah, you'd think Apple would give people like me a chance. Sprint gave me a chance. Verizon won't. They wanted a $1000 deposit before letting me have a cell.:Angry:

My mother's credit was shot, and still everyone okay'd her for cards and loans, anyway. I have very little credit, and all credit card corporations so far have said no, even CapitalONE, who many say they always give anyone a card. I think that was a joke.

People tell me to go join a spa for 6 months to get my credit up... I don't want to join a spa. They say rent to own something... I have all I can fit in my apartment. They also say get a co-signer. Well, there is no one but me. Parents have passed away, rest of the family won't keep in touch,`cos I guess they think of me as the black sheep.:Grimmace:

So I dunno what to do. Hopefully Apple will give me a chance. Like I said, I will have the cash soon to buy one straight out, but I'm hoping for Apple's card so that I can build up credit. I pay my bills. I'm not one of those who skip payments and/or ignore bills, and the only bills I have is rent, Sprint, car insurance, and cable TV/internet.:)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.2 GHZ 12GB RAM Mac Pro w/ Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse and 30in Cinema Display
u might want to at least upgrade to better RAM, Vid card, and Processer for photography.

And im surprised. No water bills? heating? electricity?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Perhaps paid by apartment building as part of rent?

OP
Macropolis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't have one yet.
u might want to at least upgrade to better RAM, Vid card, and Processer for photography.

And im surprised. No water bills? heating? electricity?

No. It's all included in the rent. Therefore, more money to pay on my Apple card... if they let me have one. I won't know until I get ready to order the Mini.

OP
Macropolis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't have one yet.
Thursday, I was at the only store in my town for a couple hundred miles that sells Apples. They had the Mac Pro. They wanted $2800 for it, just like the Apple store. I think they had it locked down to a point,`cos not just anything would work. Now, I don't know if a drop-menu will show up on a Mac when you right-click, but the Mac at this store wouldn't do anything when I right-clicked the mouse.

I told the guy I've had 6 or 7 PCs within 8½ years. He said he had 2 Macs within 10 years. Maybe his first one stopped working, or maybe he sold it and upgraded. Two Macs in 10 years is really good. He said that Macs are the best for photography, (even the Mini) music, and creating bulletins and newsletters.

I may have already told you all the reason why I never had a Mac before. Reason is `cos no one sold Apples in my area nor anywhere near here. Then one day this lady showed me her PC... a Packard-Bell with Windows 98. I thought it was nice, and so I, at the time, thought it was the only O/S you can get for home. This was back in 1999.

I always thought that back in those days, Apple and IBM were for businesses only. Also, no one at the stores even told me you could get an Apple, or I might have tried one out first.

Anyway, I really liked the Leopard O/S. Someone said that most of it, such as the icons, has a nursery theme look to it, something that children would like. I think I knew what he meant, but I still like it. It's nice looking, seems to be very user-friendly, and I believe after 7 weeks or so, I should know how to use a Mac. Also, I bet Apple has much better support than Microsoft does.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.