Battery Life

M

Moka_Won

I just bought a 10GB iPod...and im hoping it to grow up to a 40GB in about 1 1/2 weeks. But yea, someone told me that after 18 months the battery stops working. and the warranty that Apple gives is for only the 12months. And i didnt pay the extra $24.99 for the 2nd year that Micro Center was afforing. Is this true, or just a rumor?

OP
C

cowmamba

yes and no

Moka_Won said:
I just bought a 10GB iPod...and im hoping it to grow up to a 40GB in about 1 1/2 weeks. But yea, someone told me that after 18 months the battery stops working. and the warranty that Apple gives is for only the 12months. And i didnt pay the extra $24.99 for the 2nd year that Micro Center was afforing. Is this true, or just a rumor?

Well it is sorta depend's realy on the ipod sometime's people miss charge as in they over charge like leave it on all night long and also some time's they do not get a full chargr because they are charging from the cable's ..... / ... sence your getting a new one in a week ...
would you like to sell that one you have the 10 ?? just wondering

OP
Z

Zach_C

It does depend

The battery life on the iPod is good for about 500 charges. This means that if you are like me and charge yours about every 2-3 days you will get over two years of use. Granted battery life will not last as long as time goes on. But your iPod is not dead after that. You just buy a new battery. The online price is $50, or $100 to have apple install it. Once you think about it, it's not a bad price for not having to buy batteries for two years. And if you go the $50 route it is actually easy to install. Most batteries come with a tool to open the case then it is just a matter of peeling the battery off of a sticky sheet and unplugging it. Then you just replace it. And the switch does not mess with your hard drive.

If you do not mind me asking why are you upgrading so fast? 10 gigs can hold a lot of music. If anything just put your favorites on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.