How to make text scroll on my MB

Reaction score
I literally had no idea where to post this question so mods feel free to move to appropriate location.
I have been looking at buying a teleprompter for some law firm work... I really don't want to use much of my budget on this... I found an awesome video showing the setup for an ipad teleprompter (link is How To Build An iPad Teleprompter For Under $5 – WVU #98 : Web Video Secrets Podcast – WebVideoUniversity.com
But honestly, at this point, I would prefer to simply put my macbook on a laptop desk (link here: Walmart.com: Mainstays Laptop Podium, Black: Furniture
and just have the text scrolling on my laptop... so here is my question... is there a program that allows text to scroll on a laptop...
Long explanation for a simple question...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Scroll continuously and automatically? Like you press "Start" and it just goes?

I don't personally know of anything like that, but if you want to manually scroll the text, there are free apps to use your iPhone as a wireless mouse or you can just buy a $15-$25 wireless mouse of any brand (doesn't have to be an Apple mouse).

OP
J
Reaction score
i used imovie hd and was able to use a template... i don't know how good that will be overall but working for now

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have seen some reports of booting PPC machines from USB drive though it appears. that it can be a bit ify. See Easily boot from USB 2.0 drives on PowerPC Macs - Mac OS X Hints for example. I thought there was a knowledge base document on the Apple site that listed the affected machines but I can't seem to find it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.