Blue screen on start up

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Wheneveri start up my Imac G4 Superdrive 800MHZ 512 MB (desktop ) , I get a blank blue screen. But if i "safe boot" it starts up fine. Can't determine what the problem is. Bought the iMac from new about 8 years ago & have the original instal disks. Can anyone tell me what maybe causing the problem & how to fix it . Would greatly appreciate any help, thanks:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of Mac OS is on the machine? Old Mac OS? OSX and if so which version?

OP
S
Reaction score
Still hoping someone can assist with my problem above. Have not heard from dtravis7 since last contact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook Clamshell 466mhz, PowerBook 2400c
If I were you, I would back up all the data and do a clean reinstall of Tiger. If it's any kind of software problem, that'll fix it. If you do that and it still won't boot properly, then you're looking at a hardware failure (logic board?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" inch iMac.
i think i would send it in for repair. well, try re-formatting?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.