Won't charge battery power adapter light not on

Reaction score
I have a 2 GHz intel core duo macbook, running leopard but the problem still existed with tiger. My sister has a macbook that runs perfect, so i took my power cord and tested it with hers, the cord works and the light turns on, and her battery works in my computer. But my computer won't charge a battery and the light on the power cord won't turn on....sometimes if i put her charged battery in my computer (mine is also dead) the second i plug the adapter in a green light flashes once then cuts out again. Also the macbook over heats in the top left corner where the cord meets computer leading me to believe that its not the battery connector but something else. Also since ive had her battery in my computer i noticed that it stays at 98% it has not gone down even though the light still isn't on, so with a good battery it seems although i cannot charge a battery it will not lose any power. any help will be much appreciated. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Searching around, I haven't found any reasons that would cause the problem, and right now all I cans ay is you'll probably have to get that fixed. An inevitable solution, it seems.

OP
M
Reaction score
yeah i mean that much i know, does anyone know what part i might need to replace, apple charges 280 for anything i take it in for and i'm willing to pull this thing apart...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
I'll try and find that for you. I'll edit this post with my findings.

OP
M
Reaction score
I think i might need a new magsafe DC-in Board since it over heats in that area, also a reason im thinking its not the battery connector is because when i connect a charged battery my computer uses it without a problem.

Reaction score
Greetings I have the same or similar problem. Although mine does not seem to overheat by the mag-safe. I was wondering if you figured anything out short of replacing the logic board.

Thank You

Reaction score
same problem

hi,
i've just experienced the very same problem. wonder what did the apple technician tell you about this problem and how much did they charge?
thanks alot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
At this point you could try resetting the SMC this is for a MacBookPro so hunt round for your model and while at it i would do the PRAM start here and then finally if that works do a Battery Calibration here which once again is based on MacBookPro so look for your model. May not help but worth a shot if repair is the only other choice

Reaction score
Disconnect, reconnect battery wire to fix.

I just took off the bottom plate, disconnected the battery wire, reconnected it, replaced the plate, and then everything worked fine.

Reaction score
Is there any chance you could link where you got the replacement plate from I'm having difficulty finding them, thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.