New to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
I'm a pharmacy student and am looking to buy a Mac. I've used PCs all my life and am very good with them, but want to buy a Mac. Can any one lead me into the right direction on whitch one to buy. I'm not a heavy gamer and will be using it mainly for school work.

Thanks for any and all help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4 1.25Ghz Powerbook G4 1.67
Do you want a new one or a 2nd hand one?

I recently bought a 2nd hand imac g4 1.25ghz for the same requiremensts as you have.
It's perfect for what I need and I really like it

I also recently went and bought a new powerbook a little after.
It's really good too.
It can run windows as well as mac, which is good if you have pc software you want to use.

For uni though both are great.
Both have office as well which is probably essential for uni
I'd just buy whatever suits you're budget, but a g4 with usb2.0 as the lowest option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
do you want the portability of a laptop or a desktop. For your needs if you are looking new go with the imac for a desktop or a macbook if you want a laptop

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac
I would like to purchase a new Mac with tiger, i like the features on what i have read, i would like a notebook but i would also like to be able to dock it to a desktop and use a external monitor and keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I would like to purchase a new Mac with tiger, i like the features on what i have read, i would like a notebook but i would also like to be able to dock it to a desktop and use a external monitor and keyboard.
New Macs come with Leopard already.

It's 10.5, as opposed to Tiger 10.4

Have you investigated the Apple site? It's very useful for comparing.

Reaction score
i would go with a Macbook with 2.2 or 2.4 GHz configuration, i suppose you can get an education discount from Apple, and you can connect and external screen to a Macbook. the 'book is also very portable and small, but the screen should be large enough to work efficiently on. and you can always upgrade from 2GB RAM to 4GB in the Macbook, which will give you a significant performance increase.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.