• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Idvd 06

Reaction score
I have downloaded IDVD 06 to my Power PC G4, program downloads but will not open. Any suggestions on how to get it working . Imovie works ok.
My computer characteristics are:
1.66Ghz Power PC G4
OS X (10.5.8)
896 Mb ram
512 L2 cache
ATA 38.5 Gb hard drive 10.56 Gb available.
Download said it was installed, program will not open.

C

chas_m

Given that iDVD 06 is not available for download, you must be using a pirated version of the program. So, not really that surprising that it doesn't work.

You could easily (and probably very cheaply) buy a retail copy of iLife 06 from resellers on Amazon, from Ebay, from Craigslist, or from fellow Mac users who have upgraded (Mac User Groups are *great* for this).

OP
K
Reaction score
idvd 06

When i said downloaded , I realy have a disk of ilife 06 which i tried to istall , only using imovie and idvd from the disk. The disk said it installed ok , imove works idvd will not open . The icon jumps up and down and the stops without opening. The ilife is not downloaded from the web,but actual disk.
I have checked the requirements and they seem yo be correct even the Quarts extreme grapic card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.