Macbook Pro - Extra Battery

Reaction score
Hi,

I just ordered a Macbook Pro (it should arrive mid-next week) and am looking at buying an additional battery for it (both for convenience and in light of the battery's notorious reputation for unreliability/early death).

I'm having a bit of trouble finding out the exact battery to go with. There seem to be a lot on ebay with the part number A1175, but I'm not sure it will work with my model. All Apple's site says is that it uses a 60wh battery. They don't give any specifics beyond that.

Does anyone have a chart they can point to that might clear this up, and/or know of a good online store to buy one from? (I'll have the current generation 15" 2.4Ghz Penryn, LED backlit, Multitouch, etc. -- MB133LA/A)

I'd like to go with the official Apple battery (I like the neat little green led lights ;)), but I don't want to pay an extra $30 buying direct from them, thus the need for a specific part number.

Any help you might offer would be much appreciated.

OP
Y
Reaction score
Hmm... 32 views and no replies.

This can only mean one of two things:

1.) No one has an answer to my question.

or

2.) The answer is so obvious it doesn't even warrant a response.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
All 15" MBPs use a 60w wall adaptor.
I also have a 2.4Ghz Penryn (about 3 months old), and my battery model number is A1175. It has been pretty good to me so far, but after 3 months, it is down to 93% health, which to me is not noticeable :)
Your MBP may require a different battery, but as long as it is a "15" MBP" battery, you should be all right.
Note that the question warrants an answer in my book, but I've just joined the Mac world when I bought this MBP :)

OP
Y
Reaction score
All 15" MBPs use a 60w wall adaptor.
I also have a 2.4Ghz Penryn (about 3 months old), and my battery model number is A1175. It has been pretty good to me so far, but after 3 months, it is down to 93% health, which to me is not noticeable :)
Your MBP may require a different battery, but as long as it is a "15" MBP" battery, you should be all right.
Note that the question warrants an answer in my book, but I've just joined the Mac world when I bought this MBP :)

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know (and I sort of figured as much).

Just didn't want to order a battery only to find it was the wrong one a few days later. I too am new to the Mac world. Looking forward to staying awhile, though;)

Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.