insert pdf into iweb page?

Reaction score
I need step-by-step instructions on how to insert a pdf into my iweb page.
I have tried inserting the document itself and tried putting it in a file and inserting it, nothing worked.
I need help and I am on a deadline.
thanks
gugubean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
iWeb is quite limited on what you can do with it.

One option is to create a link on your iWeb website page to say images/text.pdf or whatever the file is called.
Once done publish the entire site to a folder on your hdd (easiest option a folder on your desktop).
You can then drag and drop the .pdf into the images folder.
Then use all the domain information you put into iWeb into an FTP application like FileZilla, and upload the whole site into your website.

FileZilla - Client Download

Hope this helps
If you need any more info on the process just post back.

- Simon

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I don't think I've ever seen a pdf being inserted into a web page before? They usually link to them.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
How can something so simple be so complicated? Thanks for your input.

I don't think it is complicated. All you have to do is upload the pdf onto a server, and link to it on your webpage. It's basically so that they can download it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Not too complicated at all, the link would be something like the following in html...

<a href=images/something.pdf> Click here to download the PDF </a>

Although there will be quote marks around images/something.pdf (I just can't do that in a post here)

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.