Macbook Pro Keyboard

Reaction score
I just got a macbook pro and my V key is gone. How much does it cost too get a new V key? I can take it to a mac store? will they just fix it and will it be reasonable?

Thank you for any responses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Welcome to the forums. Your situation depends on whether you broke it or if it broke from normal usage. If you broke it then you will have to pay.

If didn't brake it and you just got your MacBook Pro then it should still be under warranty and they should fix it for free. Also if you are within 14 days of your purchase and you bought it from Apple then you should be able to return/exchange it. Take it to an Apple store and they will give you a final answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Welcome to the forums. Your situation depends on whether you broke it or if it broke from normal usage. If you broke it then you will have to pay.

If didn't brake it and you just got your MacBook Pro then it should still be under warranty and they should fix it for free. Also if you are within 14 days of your purchase and you bought it from Apple then you should be able to return/exchange it. Take it to an Apple store and they will give you a final answer.

If it's been open, the exchange will most likely have a restocking fee. Probably not worth it.

OP
P
Reaction score
I just got it out of the Box with no V key and best buy told me that it was my fault. I have come to terms with the fact that I'm paying the bill just want to know how much it is going to run me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Well it sounds like Best Buy sold you a defective product. I'm not a big fan of Best Buy but I'll keep myself from getting off topic. ;) Since you have decided not to fight it then you should bring it into an Apple store to get a quote. I don't believe your problem is that common so you may not get any answers from someone who has experience with this problem.

Reaction score
Well it sounds like Best Buy sold you a defective product. I'm not a big fan of Best Buy but I'll keep myself from getting off topic.

sorry to go off topic but BEST BUY IS HORRIBLE i bought a tv from them and it worked good for half a year then it wouldnt turn on under warranty plus their DANCING PIG TAILS extended warranty and they refused to fix it... sorry about that.... anyway if you bought it from best buy with in the last 30 days return it get ur money back then buy a new Mac elsewhere

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I just got it out of the Box with no V key and best buy told me that it was my fault. I have come to terms with the fact that I'm paying the bill just want to know how much it is going to run me.

Call Apple, they can tell you. No one here will be able to do that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.