help on Internet Sharing

Reaction score
Could someone help me in getting Internet Sharing working, i'm completely confused by the results.
First of all it seems that the Leopard 10.5.2 MAC Internet Sharing functions is not acting as a common Proxy Server: no new listening port shows up executing 'netstat' (normally s adopted 8080 but I don't see it)
In this case what is to be configured on PCs (or other devices) requiring internet sharing thru the MAC: proxy (if yes on which port?) or something else?

Second, when AIRPORT is choosed for 'To computers using' ( in the Sharing Preferences panel) immediately after the I.S. Start command the airport connection drops, the icon is replaced with a grayed up-arrow (PC and devices are no longer reachable via Ping). In the same panel exists an Airport Option asking for a new password (?!) for the connection, but nothing changes.

Third, my MAC, PCs and other devices are interconnected via a D-Link wireless access point and the internet connection can be made only with an External modem, is this a supported scenario ? I have the impression that if I want I.S. I have to give up the internetworking among my stations? hopefully not!!!
For information, the same occurs when I change from External modem to Ethernet (even if Ethernet is not applicable in my location)

Is available some document clearly describing the I.S. feature and related capabilities?
Thanks
Elisa A.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.