Dougscripts for iPod - Import iPod Audio Files

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could tell me why this script isn't working for me. I have a iPod Nano, and in iTunes, in the setting for the iPod, I have checked the manual setting. I keep getting the message that my iPod cannot be accessed by this script. I am using the latest iTunes version.

The music on the iPod is music from my previously owned CDs.

Thanks very much for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 500GB OS10.7.2 i5, 4G 32GB iPod Touch
Your iTunes may very well be compatible since you're running the latest version, but how about the compatibility with your nano? For starters, what type of Nano do you have? If you're using a 1st gen, it might not be compatible. Also, what are the specs and kind of your computer? Please provide more info, then we can help :)

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I think my iPod Nano may be a first generation. But the instructions just mention that the script is not compatible with the iPod Touch (i think :). I sure wish I could retrieve my iPod songs.

I have a Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 500GB OS10.7.2 i5, 4G 32GB iPod Touch
Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ Import iPod Audio Files v3.0 is the script you are talking about right? Just want to make sure.

Do your tracks appear greyed out in your iTunes? Also, is Disk Mode enabled on your iPod? If not, click Enable Disk Use in the Summary on your iPod in iTunes. If Disk Mode isn't enabled then maybe that's why the script can't get into your iPod.

If not, then I'd recommend using a program to rip your music off your ipod. Senuti is a good paid option at about $19 for a license, but I'm sure there's a free program out there that can do this. I'm searching on the internet right now, and I'll post back with any other results.

Also, what OS are you running on your Macbook Pro? What is the firmware version of your Nano?

OP
C
Reaction score
The tracks on the iPod do not appear in the iTunes Library at all, because it is a new library. on the iPod, "enable disk use" is checked, but it is grayed out....why is that? i am using Lion on my laptop. the iPod software version is 1.0.2.

Thanks again for the help. I will check out Senuti.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.