Battery problem

Reaction score
I have had my macbook pro since may 2007 and until the last few months, my battery life is about a half an hour on a full charge. I have unplugged it and let it die and then recharged it from the off position as I was told to do this buy mac store employee. This did nothing. My istat pro stats for the battery is health 18%, cycles-38 and charge of 100%. Any suggestions on how to get the battery back to normal.

Reaction score
Batteries degrade over time. Just like all laptop and cell phone batteries.
Just replace it.

OP
S
Reaction score
Cyberfed or anyone else, do you have any recommendations on what battery to purchase as a replacement? Also, do you have any suggestions on how to improve the batteries life?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G
idk seems like the battery shouldn't be that bad after only a year...

Reaction score
I would agree with you Nomad, seems a bit short for the lifecycle but I have seen it happen time and time again. At least its not one of those burst into flames batteries we keep hearing about on the news! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz 4GB, 19in Viewsonic LCD, Mac Alum keyboard, Razer Diamondback 3G
true that, I wonder if a battery w/ this short of a life span would be covered under the apple protection plan? I do hope so if my battery decides to do this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
When you let the battery drain all the way down did you wait until the sleep light shut off before charging again? About 5 hours.

OP
S
Reaction score
It didn't make any sense to me about how the battery life is so low.

I will try that and let everything completely die.

Thanks for the help and I hope it works out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
If you take it to an Apple store they will probably replace it for free if it is not older than that. There has been problems with the batteries for the MBP and I have had one replaced as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.