New MBP - no Lion disc and reboot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
Hi all,

I got a new macbook pro in August complete with Lion, direct from Apple. The machine didn't come with any discs (apprently they no longer supply them with new machines).
I have had a heap of trouble with my machine (running very slow, since day 1). I want to revert the OS back to Snow Leopard which I have the disc for, and am prepared to do a complete format of my HD.

However - if I later wanted to go back to Lion, or if everything goes wrong, how do I do this without a disc?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
There's no guanrantee that Snow Leopard will run on that computer!!!
Retail Snow Leopard DVDs only have drivers/support files for computers released Before the retail DVD. There's a good possibility that the motherboard has changed, which means "some" drivers changed (I don't know which), so it wouldn't work.

Try booting into the recovery partition and using Disk Utility to repair your regular startup Volume.

You can create your own DVD or USB flash drive:
How to Create & Burn a Bootable Mac OS X Lion Install DVD
http://holgr.com/blog/2011/02/creating-a-bootable-os-x-10-7-lion-disc/

OP
vaughan80
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
so there is no chance that snow leopard will run on my mac? that sucks.

I hate lion.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Snow Leopard will not run on that machine as there are no drivers on the Snow Leopard DVD which support your hardware. Unfortunately you're stuck with Lion. Try a fresh clean install of Lion from the Recovery partition. Be sure to use Time Machine first to backup your data.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.