Magic mouse switched vertical axis

Reaction score
My Imac magicmouse suddenly switched vertical axis. I cannot see a way to change this in preferences. Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
NO offense intended, but did you just happen to put it facing the wrong way?

If not, you can turn it off, pull the batteries, delete the preferences and reconnect it from scratch and see if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
I know Lion is supposed to switch the vertical axis on the mouse as the default setting, so that the interface more closely matches the experience on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Wonder if the newly released 10.6.8 was installed and might have included something similar.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
NO offense intended, but did you just happen to put it facing the wrong way?

That was my first thought as well.... make sure the Apple logo is facing you and not away :)

Don't laugh, but I've done it a few times myself.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts. No offense taken. That is not the problem. It seems odd to me that there is no way in the preferences to change axis orientation, as I am sure many people have a preference one way or the other. I have downloaded a fix for this which works well. However, it reverts to the opposite axis upon every restart, and, occasionally, for no apparent reason. I presumed that it had something to do with a recent update, but no one else seems to have noted this issue. I will keep watch for more ideas. Thanks for your time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If you're talking about the Smart Scroll app, it's pretty good. You can add the app to your Login Items in System Preferences->Accounts->Login Items, and every time you computer boots, it'll load the app. Wish I could think why it would switch on its own or how to change it back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.