• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Help with apple presentation

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. I have to give a presentation on how apple is changing the business environment as a group, and my part is to discuss how apple's innovations have influenced the market with the stuff like ipad/ipod/iphone and what not. Could someone perhaps point me towards the direction where I can maybe find a timeline of their products as well as sales figures of their rivals? Or just a general direction or site? Thanks in advance! :D

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Shouldn't this be research that you do for whatever class you need to do the presentation for?

OP
A
Reaction score
Yes it is. I am looking up the info but I was just trying to get a helping hand as it isn't turning information that is too useful.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Or just a general direction or site? Thanks in advance! :D

Just about anything I would suggest or point you to...could be just as easily (and more quickly) found by you via a Google search.

The trick to a fast & effective internet search is using the proper search terms. For example...I have found many articles in Wikipedia to be pretty useful.

If I use the internet search term..."Mac OS History" (for example)...Wikipedia comes up with some very interesting information. But then you would get quite a few other websites as well.

If you're looking for info relating to:

- how apple is changing the business environment as a group
- how apple's innovations have influenced the market
- timeline of their products
- sales figures of their rivals

You need to tailor & refine your internet searches for this info. As as you find info...you refine your search term/terms more & more until you find info you can use.

There is certainly no single website that is going to have all this info...so myself or someone else pointing you to 1 or 2 websites really would only be a beginning for this assignment.

Hopefully since 3:46pm today (time of your first post)...you've been doing some internet searches on your own to find info. Now that it's 2 hours later...you should have tons of info!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.