macbook pro 13 i5 vs i7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad 3 64gb
Hi!Im thinking to buy a macbook pro 13 inch 2011 model,but I dont know which one is better for me i5 or i7?Do i7 is worth to pay extra 300euro?Also i will upgrade ram to 8gb,it is worth to do that?Thanks for answers :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Unless you do a lot of gaming, HD video editing, or other intensive tasks. The i5 will serve you just fine.

Never buy ram from apple. It's very overpriced. You'd be better off buying your own from from a place like Other World Computing, installing it yourself, and save some money. :)

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ipad 3 64gb
Unless you do a lot of gaming, HD video editing, or other intensive tasks. The i5 will serve you just fine.

Never buy ram from apple. It's very overpriced. You'd be better off buying your own from from a place like Other World Computing, installing it yourself, and save some money. :)

Do you think that pro 13 with i5 is a powerfull machine today,or uust average?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
The i5 is good. But obviously the i7 is going to be a little faster and handle more intensive stuff. Like he said, it depends on what you do.

Video editing, anything like that, get the i7, if not then you won't need it. But its nice to have!

And like he said also, get ram from OWC.

You can get 16gb from them for the 8gb of ram from apple probably :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Do you think that pro 13 with i5 is a powerfull machine today,or uust average?

As far as today goes, I would say that the i5 would be considered powerful. The Intel "Core 2 Duo" processor is more "average" by today standards.

Just my opinion of course, others may think otherwise. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro osx lion 10.7 2.3ghz intel core i5 4gb memory intel hd graphics 3000 384 mb
I went through this same dilemma and ultimately I ended up going with i5 and I must say that a fews later I am still happy with my purchase of i5 model macbook pro. It does everything that I as a college student need to do on it and going with this model would save you some money. Being a college student the money issue played a role in my purchase but like I said before I'm quite happy with i5. If you want it for gaming go with i7 because although the i5 model will run some games ok others will be unplayable.
ps i have all the grand theft auto games from the applestore and they all run pretty smooth, maybe a freeze here and there but they are rare in my own personal experience playing them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.