Macbook Pro Bluetooth Problem

Reaction score
I'm having trouble sending files to my Macbook Pro via bluetooth. I can send to my Imac no problem, but when I try to send to my Macbook Pro, my phone just says Failed.

I have tried adding my pone as a new device o my Macbook Pro and vice versa, but even after they are setup and paired, it doesn't work.

I have sent a file from my macbook Pro to my phone no problem.

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Same here!

I am getting EXACTLY the same problem and cant understand why. This only happends when sending a file to the MacBook Pro.

I can send files from my phone to any other computer but cant send anything from any device to the macbook pro. When i use my mac mini to send a file to the macbook pro the mac mini displays the error saying the macbook pro 'does not support the service' - which is does.

If anyone has a solution or knows why this is happening please help us. Hopefully this will be fixed in 10.5.5.

Reaction score
to can send file to mac from bluetooth

go to system preferences and then go to sharing select to bluetooth sharing
now try to send files

Reaction score
I have this problem too.

go to system preferences and then go to sharing select to bluetooth sharing
now try to send files

O have Bluetooth sharing checked in bluetooth preferences and yet I am unable to send or receive files from ant bluetooth devices. Including my Nokia phone which in the preferences panel says paired but not connected. I am able to send and receive files to and from my phone easily from any other bluetooth device.

I have also tried to "browse device" and i get an error message of
"The remote devise is not responding. it may be busy or in use, click continue to keep trying"

Any one able to offer any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
O have Bluetooth sharing checked in bluetooth preferences and yet I am unable to send or receive files from ant bluetooth devices. Including my Nokia phone which in the preferences panel says paired but not connected. I am able to send and receive files to and from my phone easily from any other bluetooth device.

I have also tried to "browse device" and i get an error message of
"The remote devise is not responding. it may be busy or in use, click continue to keep trying"

Any one able to offer any help?

As for the phone if its Verizon I noticed it was crippled on mine when I had them.

Reaction score
Having similar problem, then figured out that I didn't turn on the "BLUETOOTH SHARING" option to enable incoming files from phones.

After that, everything works fine.

(MAC OS X Leopard) System Preference -> Sharing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.