mighty mouse

Reaction score
this is possibly software or hardware, don't know which. I replaced an older mouse on my G4 mirrioured drive bay PC with the mighty mouse and silver keyboard purchased a few days ago from the Apple store *cringe*. I connected the mouse and keyboard and they setup essentially flawlessly. Now I have a few things going on with the mouse that are really bothering me.

For no reason even when typing this, the screen resizes and keeps going in and out of focus where the background gets dark then light. Can't type when it's dark. Second, everytime I load a website or new page sort of like going from URL to URL, a blue screen comes up saying that I'm on "X" screen or site. Third, secondary mouse button doesn't work like a standard right click on a Windows PC, even though it's set as that an active, it still pretends like it only has one button.

I'm running OS 10.5 and this is a USB mouse and keyboard.

C

chas_m

The "focus, then dark then light" thing is expose. By default on a mighty mouse, squeezing the sides of the mouse (the two little gray "buttons" on each side) activate expose. The "blue screen with name" thing is also part of that.

Also by default, the mouse will defer to "old" Mac mouse behaviour, no right click.

The solution is to open system preferences, go to "mouse and keyboard" and adjust these things to where you'd like them to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
Edit: Chas beat me by seconds.

OP
E
Reaction score
Edited the expose' feature so that it stops with the screen switching colours and driving me mad, but I can't get the alt (right) mouse button to act as a secondary even though it's selected to be so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
You have to raise your left finger. The Mighty Mouse, now called Apple Mouse, is pressure sensitive. If it feels your finger on the left side, it's a standard click, not a secondary button.

OP
E
Reaction score
I must not be doing something right because I take all my fingers off and press on the right side of the mouse even with one finger it still does the left click. As well I've found another irritant. Now as I type anything, the vertical scroll indicatour appears and I can't type anything, I move the mouse 1px and it goes away but quickly reappears disabling my keyboard. I unplugged the mouse to type this, there has to be some sort of solution because I'm not going to keep unplugging my mouse, I'll just return it and get something else if it doesn't work, or a replacement.

Yeh, I'm still new to Apple stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.