Macbook - Cuts out when booting

Reaction score
Hello,

I need some help, i've recently acquired a a macbook, it's the 2007 model intel 2.16Ghz, very nice bit of kit but when i got it it had windows XP on, i tried to boot from a Leopard disc and it got to the loading screen and just cut out, i have a leopard install on a memory stick and the same thing happened with that. The MacBook didnt even see my tiger disc or USB stick but i'm not sure if you can put tiger on an intel model.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have you go the right type of discs - grey ones are machine specific and may give you grief. Can u power on load the disc and hold C key - will it boot off that?

OP
A
Reaction score
Have you go the right type of discs - grey ones are machine specific and may give you grief. Can u power on load the disc and hold C key - will it boot off that?

I've tried laptop specific and retail, it gets into the installer and then just when you think it's going to work it just goes dead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, not unibody
Boot up and hold X, that should force it to boot up into OS X even if Windows XP takes up the entire HDD. Then you can shrink the XP partition and set the default startup disk to the OS X partition.

OP
A
Reaction score
Boot up and hold X, that should force it to boot up into OS X even if Windows XP takes up the entire HDD. Then you can shrink the XP partition and set the default startup disk to the OS X partition.

It no longer has XP, i plugged the HDD into another mac and rebuilt the partition. The problem now is that the mac won't even boot into the mac installer

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.