Can't use FTP?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I can't get on my hosting server using FileZilla or CyberDuck! I could use Filezilla last week but now now. I am running OS X LION. Is there something I don't know about in OS X LION that will cause issues with me using an FTP tool for my hosting service? I am also using LittleSnitch so I don't know if that's causing an issue.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Nothing in OS X Lion should be preventing you from using FTP through a client like Filezilla or Cyberduck..you might want to check LittleSnitch's list of application allowed to access the Internet and see if you've blocked either of these apps for any reason..

Also, temporarily try disabling LittleSnitch and see if the FTP access works..

I use Flow on Lion to access various FTP/SFTP sites and have no issues..I also have LittleSnitch running..

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I just tried Flow. I still can't access the freaking hosting site! THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! Everything worked file a few weeks ago! Might it be my share preference? :Angry:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.