Can I open iTunes in two windows

Reaction score
I have not worked out how to open iTunes in two windows. Can it be done? The reason is that I sometimes want to go to the iTunes store and check out a CD's contents, to see which songs I might want to buy. But I need to check in my own playlists which songs I already have. Opening two windows would allow me to do that easily, but I can't work out how.

Otherwise, I would be happy to copy, say, the contents of the CD in the iTunes store and paste it in a Word document. Or print it out. But I can't work out how to do those either.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
In iTunes, you can open a second window for almost any item in your sources list on the left - the iTunes Store, a playlist or - interestingly - even a folder of playlists. While your library items such as Music, Movies and TV Shows are unfortunately exempt from this convenience, you can simply double-click any of these items to open them in their own window, minus a source list of their own. This is great for having easy access to playing music in one window while you work in another, perhaps cleaning up files, like I was, shopping at the store, or building a new playlist.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.