• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Help, Quicktime7Pro Image Sequence problem

Reaction score
Got Mac Os Snow Leopard.. Trying to create a minor movie-file with Quicktime 7 Pro's "image sequence" feature so i can throw it in Final Cut to work it..

It won't recognize my .png files (though this might be a standard thing so not the problem).. So have made my pictures .jpeg instead (won't even recognize the pictures if it's called for example test.jpeg.001 or similar as extension.. (even when it works in a couple of "tutorials" i have seen..) so had to rename all with automator to 1.test.jpeg..) but when i use the image sequence in QT7pro i only get one single frame in the moviepreview..
In short, pressed image sequence, choose the first image in the serie, pressed ok and then choose my frames/sec option and hit ok..

Then the preview comes up.. but only one frame even though the rest is in the same folder and have same name except the number.. same if i save it as a movie-file.. it is still only one frame..

Been trying to find a solution for a couple of days (lots of hours), have googled over and over again.. but can only find other people having other sort of problems.. not the same as mine..

Never used QT before but really need it to work.. am i doing it right or is it just that i'm missing some important setting or so?

Or have anyone else had this problem, if so.. how did you solve it?

Any ideas anyone? Would be very happy if someone knew something i could try atleast before i get gray hair out of frustration when i'm this close :S

(Or maybe suggest another program that should work.. tried Avidemux but it's files can't be recognized by Final Cut for some reason)

//mediahuset

OP
M
Reaction score
Solved my problem at last, found a setting so i could create jpg-files directly from my main program instead of using automator to convert.. seems to be that part which only gave me one frame in qt for some reason..

Could someone close the thread thx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.