MacBook Pro Processor Swap?

Reaction score
I ordered the 13" MacBook Pro, with the i5 intel processor. I was just wondering, when I receive it - is there any possible way to upgrade the processor.. such as, me buying the i7 and having it installed?

thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No. What you purchased is what you have. Only memory and the hard drive may be upgraded.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Same answer as your other post and administrators frown on multiple postings.

OP
N
Reaction score
Same answer as your other post and administrators frown on multiple postings.

I meant two completely different questions. The first was in reference to solely upgrading the processer.

The second question was in reference to making it faster, instead of the processor. Graphic/Video Cards, RAM Upgrading, Hard Drive updating...etc

Thanks

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro 13" 2.4GHz Core2Duo with 4GB RAM.
In order to make it faster, I'm upgrading to 8GB of RAM and because I need a 500GB Hard drive But can't afford a solid state drive so I'm upgrading to a seagate 500GB 7200rpm. So, I'd suggest a RAM upgrade and upgrade hard drive to 7200rpm or even better an SSD.
There's some really good hard drive changing kits which come with a hard drive case to make your previous hard drive an external hard drive for backups as well as good deals on memory.
Performance Upgrades; FireWire USB SATA Storage; Memory, more at OWC

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.