folder missing

Reaction score
I made a folder under favorites that had a bunch of templates I purchased. I haven't gotten into it for a while and now it is missing. I've searched for the folder, the files, in the trash, etc, nothing. Please help!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Some more information is needed. What favorites are you referring to and where did you purchase the templates from? Also please include which Mac you have (year and model) and also what version of OS X it's running.

And Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Sorry, Favorites under Finder, on the sidebar. This is the computer I have, http://www.adorama.com/ACME087LLAA.html and the latest version of OS X

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

OS X is the general name for Apple's current desktop OS and does not indicate which version you are using - go to the apple in the left upper menu bar - click on 'About this Mac' - the version of your OS X will be in the dialog box (see blue arrow in the attachment).

So, you put the files in question in the sidebar - was this in a folder and do you remember its name (or a portion) - and have you tried to use 'Spotlight' (magnifying glass upper right corner menu bar)? Dave

Screen Shot 2014-06-25 at 5.09.33 PM.png

OP
L
Reaction score
Sorry again, as you've noticed I'm very new to apple...or technology in general. It says version 10.8.2. I do remember what it was called and have searched for it but haven't found anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Sorry again, as you've noticed I'm very new to apple...or technology in general. It says version 10.8.2. I do remember what it was called and have searched for it but haven't found anything

Fine - you have 'Mountain Lion' installed - a couple more questions: 1) Are you sure that these files were put on your hard drive or were they linked to another location or a network drive which is no longer attached? and 2) Have you been 'backing up' your computer - Time Machine would be your best choice? If so, then you can look in the backup.

And depending on where you obtained these files, I would suspect that you can download them again - possible? Good luck - Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.