Apple care cover hot spot on screen?

vaa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook(wife) 15" MBP
Hello,
I just noticed that my screen has a small spot that is brighter than the rest of the screen. Has anyone else developed this? I haven't had time to take it to the Apple store but do you think they will fix it? I have the Apple care so it should be under warr.

Thanks for the help.
V

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What you're describing is probably a "stuck" pixel. One that does not turn off or change brightness. You can take it on in to your local Apple store but I don't think it's something that can be repaired. The entire display may have to be swapped out. I've had stuck pixels on a brand new LCD. It was exchanged for another LCD.

As for Apple fixing or swapping out the display under your warranty, I don't think they'll do it for one stuck pixel. In the meantime you might try repairing it yourself with the following java application. Link It will not hurt or harm your display in any way. Give it a try, might work for you.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.