Interesting Macintosh Setup

Reaction score
What application(s) lets the person display all that cool and interesting stuff? Like the song their playing, calendar, etc...

It looks like widgets without dashboard active.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7319/asdfadfbk6.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/7319/asdfadfbk6.jpg

asdfadfbk6.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0Ghz, 160GB, 4GB RAM
That looks very cool indeed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
That is an extremely customized Windows PC look on the left under the system information "widget" this person basically used skins to make it look like a Mac. But it is in fact running windows.

Apps like this may exist for Mac which allow for this type of thing, but keep in mind this would use quite a bit of RAM to have the information displayed constantly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You can get the album artwork on your desktop with CoverSutra. Stattoo by Panic can also do something similar, but I'm not sure if it's supported under Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
That is awesome! I would definitely pay for something like that. I don't think it would take much in resources to run, especially if you could set it up for timed updates like every 10 minutes or something. It's too bad such a cool thing is for Windows. If anyone has an app-designing friend that wants to make a little money, tell them to get on this.

BTW, Statto did work for me in Leopard, but it just doesn't compare to this.

Reaction score
That's definitely a Windows config.
CD Art Display.
The "HUD" set up was featured on LifeHacker under Enigma Desktop (I think) - all Rainmeter/Samurize configs.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I prefer the simple view that apple provides but I wouldn't mind the weather.

Reaction score
This does look nice. If anyone figures out where this came from I would be interested in looking at it.

Another question. Which version of OSX is that? I am running leopard and my dock does not look like that. Also, does anyone know what app is the one with the headphones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
This does look nice. If anyone figures out where this came from I would be interested in looking at it.

Another question. Which version of OSX is that? I am running leopard and my dock does not look like that. Also, does anyone know what app is the one with the headphones?

it's not OSX as mentioned above, it's just a very good skin for Windows XP :)
some1 had a lot of free time on their hands :)
the icon might be changed too

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.