Insert pictures in Keynote via Finder instead of iPhoto

Reaction score
Hey,
Today I was working on some presentation in Keynote. I wanted to insert some pictures, so I double-clicked the photo from the template to replace it. The menu that appeared showed me an overview of my iPhoto stuff (which I never use). Using cmd + shift + v I can insert pictures from other folders beside iPhoto (via Finder), but then I have to manually adjust the placement and size of the picture, instead of the automatic replacement of the template picture. So, I was wondering if I could somehow replace the default location for selecting a picture to my Finder environment.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which version of Keynote are you using? In the new Keynote app I do not see a way to change the default to insert photos from iPhoto. However, as you found out, you can still select photos to insert from anywhere else on your Mac by using the Finder. Not a big deal as it only requires a bit more work.

C

chas_m

I insert pictures from the web into my Keynotes slideshows all the time.

1. Download photos from the web, storing them (TEMPORARILY) on the desktop or a folder.
2. Drag the photos into the slide you want them to appear in. Adjust as desired.

(when finished, throw away the "originals" on the desktop)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.