File splitter for OSx & WINxp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667MHZ DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS X v10.5.2
Hello,
I have Windows XP on my Mac using BootCamp. I used the NTSF format and wish I had done the FAT32 as I can not share files from my OSX to WINxp. I need to move a 9.5 GB file using a 4GP thumb drive. My question is: is there a program out there, preferable free of course, that can split large files into smaller sizes that can be used in both OSx and WINxp?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

OP
johumhum
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667MHZ DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS X v10.5.2
Found one! Posting it here so as to help others who might be in search of such a program. Called SimplyRAR and I downloaded it from
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Compression-Tools/SimplyRAR.shtml

UI is simple with not too many options. In fact the only thing I could really get some options out of is the menu bar of icons. Not really all that useful but all-in-all the program .RARs files and I can split them up too.

Thanks all!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
FAT32 has a max single file size of <4gb so you wouldn't have been able to move such a big file anyway.

You may wish to consider installing Paragon NTFS(commercial) or MacFUSE and NTFS-3G (free).

That way OSX will be able to read/write your NTFS (XP) partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I use split and contact.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~loekjehe/Split&Concat/

And though the site says it isn't so stable on 10.5, I've used it on that system for ages with no issues whatsoever. The only thing is the maximum partition size is 1999MB. But that doesn't matter as you can split up the file into as many parts as you want. So I would recommend this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.