WIndows installtion mistake

Reaction score
I forgot to format my windows partition in NTFS format. ANd i went ahead and installed it now it keeps on booting into windows installation how can i go back to mac?"

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A. Head for the Bootcamp icon on the task bar and select reboot to OSX.

B. Re-boot hlding down the option key until you see the boot menu and then select OSX.

OP
M
Reaction score
i dont have a bootcamp icon its just the windows vista ultimate installtion process like it ask for product key

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure I understand what's going on? If you installed or attempted to install Vista, there is no way it would install unless the partition was formatted to NTFS. Neither Vista nor Windows 7 can be installed on any other file system except NTFS.

If the machine is booting into Windows, then the partition must be formatted as NTFS.

OP
M
Reaction score
its not booting into windows vista but windows vista insatllation process
like when u reboot u start the installtion but i difnt format it so it wont install so now i need to go back to mac to format it in ntfs format how can i do this? it keeps going abck to windows installation

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. Reboot the machine and as soon as you hear the POST chime hold down the OPTION key. Then choose your MacIntosh HD to boot from. As soon as you're back in OS X, open System Preferences, Startup Disk, and select your MacIntosh HD as the default.

Let us know if that worked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2.3 i5 MBP 64gb SSD 320gb HD 8gb 1333
YES IT WORKED THX ALOT but now how can i format back to NTFS?

Boot from your windows CD by holding down C when you boot. Before the windows installation starts you should have an option to format the drive (and it will format into NTFS).

OP
M
Reaction score
i did hold down c but nothing happened and it just froze now it keeps on booting into windows installation even when i hold option wat can i do?

OP
M
Reaction score
its ok i just rebooted it now its installing vista but taking a while thx for the help

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.