G5 gave me a scare this morning..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Core2 Duo 4Gb Ram / Powermac G5 2 TB RAID , 16GB Ram Running Leopard
Well I got the scare of my life this morning. I fired up my MAC to be received by a black screen, the computer never booted. It just sat there doing nothing. So I was frantic to get this beast running again. Partly because of my files, but also because I simply can not afford to replace this machine right now. A machine comparable to this one would run several thousand dollars. and I use it for all my Adobe work. There is thousands of dollars worth of projects are on this computer.

After some troubleshooting it was determined to only be a PRAM battery that needed replaced.

I was talking to someone I know earlier about this incident and the funny part was that he immediately began telling me how I could build a top of the line machine for only $1500. I tried to explain why I can't and he just started the whole Windows thing. I still use Windows systems at work and they do not work as well as a MAC for the given purpose. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Well it goes the same way for Mac users. I have noticed a lot of Mac users will down Windows 7 just because it's made by Micro$oft (another trend I have noticed from Mac users - $ instead of s....). It's just because people think their product is superior and choose not to listen to the other side of the argument.

Just make sure you constantly back up (and maybe have 2 or 3 backups).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved. Not just "anything" goes in "Anything Goes". Read forum descriptions and stickies prior to posting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.