Built in translator?

I

irish_newbie

Hi there just a quick question with a yes or no answer that I can't find anywhere else so please help? I previously operated a windows machine and I switched (Thank God) but in the window's version of office there was a built in text translation tool, however I have been unable to find the corresponding feature in the mac version?For the time being I've been using Sherlock which in my opinion translates text better but I don't always have access to the internet on the go. Please help, maybe I'm not looking in the right area or maybe it's just not there. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Pretty sure it isn't there

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I just checked my Mac Office 2004 and I can find no such feature, sorry.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
somewhere on my mac I found a translation feature, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I had thought it was in office, but it must be in something else, because I can't find it there. If I find where I found it, I'll drop a post here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is the translator in Sherlock which the original poster mentioned

OP
I

irish_newbie

Oh well, I can get by and with Tiger there is going to be a translator widget which will be pretty cool. I'm just a bit worried about the seperate environment for the widget. I'm sure it will be wonderful, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Although I'm pretty sure the widget will also be internet based...

Most of the widgets are just html type codes that perform quick access to internet content (except for the ones that use information that is local - i.e. processor temperature or date & time widgets.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
It seems stupid that this has all grown so internet based. I understand it, it keeps the file size down, but I wish more of it became software base. I'm off to find a freeware translator for Mac OS X! I found one for my PocketPC, you'd think Mac would have one somewhere...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Problem is is that having a translator takes up a ton of space especially if you want to have multiple languages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not too worried about space. I've got more than I'll ever need. I do do a ton of photo editing and video editing, but once a project is done, it's on a DVD off my HD. Between my PC and mac, I've got 300GB, and if I ever need more, I'll just buy an external... Really, the only huge files I have, is about 5 DVDs I've saved to my computer....

Thanks for the link to the German translator. I do more stuff in French, but I'm heading to Europe in about a month, and I've been kind of looking at translators to install. I'd like to get a German(now have), French, Spanish, and Italian translator....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.