Not reading music discs

C

Capo

My imac isnt reading certain music cd's... I insert the disc, it makes noises as if its trying to read it and then spits it out.

Certain cd's include - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
The Streets - Original Pirate Material
Wedding Singer Soundtrack...

Is this likely something to do with the disc or is it the computer and something that can be fixed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
what are your imacs specs? are these retail cd's, if so do they have vcd content on them as well? do the bottoms look different from regular cd's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Capo said:
My imac isnt reading certain music cd's... I insert the disc, it makes noises as if its trying to read it and then spits it out.

Certain cd's include - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
The Streets - Original Pirate Material
Wedding Singer Soundtrack...

Is this likely something to do with the disc or is it the computer and something that can be fixed?

I have The Streets - Original Pirate Material loaded on my iMac with no problems. All that I can think of is that maybe you have a scratch on the disk. I have a Nada Surf cd that only has one scratch like a mm or two long, but the scratch is right in the first couple of mm's of the disk, the mac makes a bunch of searching noises, then spits the disk out.

-Chris

OP
C

Capo

No there isnt any vcd content on them... The discs are not damaged at all, they're relatively new and they have all been purchased retail.

I cant figure it out...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.