(Outlook 2011) Send As 'Distribution Group' doesn't work.. Help!

Reaction score
Hi you all.

I have this question about Outlook 2011 for Mac. One user working at my client is using his Mac with Office 2011. We set up an Online Exchange Server 2010 SP1.
This Mac user is a member of several Distribution Groups and must be able to receive email send to this gorup and abel to Send As this DG.

He is able to Send As this DG in Outlook Web Access but isn't able to send fromout Outlook 2011. (He is granted and has all the permissions to Send As this DG)

In Outlook 2011, the Mac user is able to set a Distribution Group in the 'From' field composing a new message, but when he Send this message, he gets 'an unexpected error has occured'...

Is someone familiar with this problem/outlook 2011 and DG?

Reaction score
I just ran through this myself but am still up against the fact that the contact trying to send email from the DG and is only able to "send on behalf of", not "send as" which is what we need. She can Send As from OWA but not using Outlook 2011 from her Mac. Anyone have any ideas on that?

To answer your question though, I followed this tutorial but then also had to uncheck SSL for sending messages as they would fail and also had to use Admin credentials in the More Options spot. It would continually prompt for credentials when they were the users' (who was an admin also). This has been a nightmare and exremely time consuming and I would love it if anyone had any thoughts they could share.

Follow this tutorial to set this up:

https://exchange.readyexchange.net/support/kb/default.asp?id=2116

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.