Canon & Mac

Reaction score
Within the next month or so I plan on buying a MBP & a Canon SLR. I currently have Windows & a Canon P&S. In Windows I don't really use the Canon software to importing / archiving pictures or editing. Generally I don't like how in Windows when I let the software do stuff for me I could never find my pictures. If I wanted to import them to a website or back them up to my HDD I could never find them.... so I just stopped using everything and just copy & paste from my card to my HDD folder I choose.

I'm the mac will function a little more to my liking. Since I will be getting a Nice SLR camera I will want to use the Canon software & hopefully the Mac software too. The camera has a system the cleans the camera receptor to remove artifacts & the software has an extension to take this a step further & automatically remove any artifacts the camera may of created.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone uses Canon software with their mac, do you use mac software also or just Canon or both or just mac?.?!?

How well do they work together? If I imported everything using the Canon software then archived it with iPhoto would everything be on my HDD twice?

Any help will be appreciated, thanks ya'll.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I have a Canon SD450 and I just use the built in iPhoto to import the pictures from my camera. I just bought a Powershot S3 IS and I'm pretty sure I'll be using iPhoto with that too. I have Aperture, but it doesn't handle videos like iPhoto does, hence why I continue using the simpler software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
My macbook and XTI work flawlessly. I just hook my DSLR or memory card reader to my macbook and iphoto imports them automatically. Simple as pie. If your worried about sensor dust, just buy a goitti (sp?) rocket blower and it will get rid of 95% of all sensor dust. There is an option to map out dust within the camera too.

OP
Z
Reaction score
I'm not worried about, I will be buying a new camera and the camera has the system to clean the sensor.
I was just wondering about being able to use all of the features that come with the camera and keeping things simple... that was all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
When I was using my SD450 on my Windows computer, the only Canon program I used was Photostitch as it allowed me to put a couple of pictures together from the stitching feature on the camera. However, I haven't done this in a while, so I haven't really missed it on my Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.