Mac Pro Questions

Reaction score
I have been wanting to buy a new computer now for a while. I have a PC at the moment but somebody told me that if I got a New Quad Mac Pro I would be able to put Windows XP onto it so that I could play some games and also use photoshop cs2 (heard that it isnt fast on macs yet for some reason) Could somebody who maybe has alot more knolledge on Mac Pro's/Mac's in General please give me some advice on whether or not I should buy one. I am mainly looking to play games and to also use it for some Design work for college (using appz like Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office) I have really wanted a Mac for quite a while now and also when my mate told me I would be able to install Windows XP onto it I thought it would be an excellent All In One computer for me (for Games and Design work) If anyone could spare me some advice lol that would be great.

Thanks, Adam

Reaction score
Billy-B0b said:
I have been wanting to buy a new computer now for a while. I have a PC at the moment but somebody told me that if I got a New Quad Mac Pro I would be able to put Windows XP onto it so that I could play some games and also use photoshop cs2 (heard that it isnt fast on macs yet for some reason) Could somebody who maybe has alot more knolledge on Mac Pro's/Mac's in General please give me some advice on whether or not I should buy one. I am mainly looking to play games and to also use it for some Design work for college (using appz like Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Office) I have really wanted a Mac for quite a while now and also when my mate told me I would be able to install Windows XP onto it I thought it would be an excellent All In One computer for me (for Games and Design work) If anyone could spare me some advice lol that would be great.

Thanks, Adam

Hi Billy-B0b,

I found two links which will help you :dive: .

http://www.macwindows.com/bcreview.html

http://www.macmegasite.com/drupal/node/2892

OP
Billy-B0b
Reaction score
Thnx Pulse those links are really helpful :)

I have another question though. When configuring A Quad Mac Pro I saw that I could change the CPU from a 2.66ghz Dual core to a 2ghz core duo. If I was to choose this option and get the slower CPU would this dramatically effect the performance of the Mac Pro or do you think it wouldnt matter so much? and also would You go for 1G of Ram or 2G's?

Thanks again, Billy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.