I Can't take music from a stick to the MAC

Reaction score
HI, I'm having problems taking music from Dell to a stick to the iMAC. It won't import it.. Any suggestions?thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
What are these "problems" exactly? What format is the music in (m4a, wma, mp3, etc etc)? What version OS X? What version Windows? How exactly are you trying to "take" the music from one to the other?

OP
P
Reaction score
The format is mp3, I have OSX 10.8.5
version of Windows Vista is Version 6.0

I inserted the stick - drug the music over into where it shows like a mp3 player, i hit 'sync' and it copied it to the stick. BUT when i bring it over to MAC - i can't get it to import, it won't do it... I did the "switch" thing - i put it into the application folder, it converted music i'm guessing, but once i say import, it doesn't... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The format is mp3, I have OSX 10.8.5
version of Windows Vista is Version 6.0

I inserted the stick - drug the music over into where it shows like a mp3 player, i hit 'sync' and it copied it to the stick.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. I take it you are using some 3rd party software, but a thumb drive shouldn't look like an MP3 player, unless it is one (you should clarify this).

If you insert a USB thumb drive, it'll mount like a CD in Windows' Explorer. Just drag and drop your music onto that drive. When you plug the drive into your Mac, drag and drop off the drive when it mounts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.