and my second question is how do I copy from a dvd and burn onto a dvd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
Hello Gerald and welcome to the forums!

May I ask what Mac you own?

It's real simple to burn to a CD/DVD on a Mac. Here's how you do it:

1. Insert the blank CD/DVD.

2. A window will open informing you that blank media has been inserted, it will have some options such as 'open in finder, ignore...'

3. Click the 'open in finder' option and you will notice a finer window will pop up with your blank CD/DVD selected.

4. Simply drag the files you wish to burn into this folder.

5. When you are ready to burn click the black and yellow circle icon next to the CD icon, before you do this you can re-name the CD/DVD as you would a folder.

To burn from one CD/DVD to another you will need a program (I believe?).

One good one that I recommend is Toast by Roxio: http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/titanium/overview2.html

Hope this is of some use to you.

Regards,

Chris :mac:

Reaction score
actually theres a more easier way, insert a blank cd, create a new burn folder and put what u want to burn ito there, next just simply click burn and thats it..have fun

Reaction score
Dragging the files directly to the cd or first making a burn folder - hardly makes a difference. Point is, you don't need any special program.

To copy movies onto a DVD, try iDVD (for Quicktime type movies) or Toast (see above) for all else.

To rip movie DVDs, try MacTheRipper (google it).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.