Finder window colors won't stay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
When I choose the color background for my Finder windows for some reason the color changes. It'll go back to the color I want, and then to a random color, and then back to my color. Reallllly weird... am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

-Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
I believe a folder can only have a custom background in Icon View.

Furthermore:

Open View Options. (View > Show View Options, or Command J)
See "This window only" and "All windows" at the top?

Most likely either you've set the background color in a window where View Options is set to "This window only"
so all other windows will not have that color.

Or oppositely, you've set the background color in a window where View Options is set to "All windows"
so any other windows set to "All windows" will have that background color,
but not ones that were set to "This window only" before you've set the background color.

Yeah... kinda confusing the way I describe it,
but it's really quite simple, I swear. ;p

OP
flilow06
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
I get it but that's not what I meant. For instance, if I set the Applications window only to be blue. It sets to the blue I choose, but then if I exit and then go back to it, it changes to a different color. Some kind of glitch there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Hmm... I rarely/never use folder background colors, so I don't really know about glitches...

But I quickly tried it out by creating a new folder, setting it to a color, then close and reopen, and it seems to remember it fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.