Help transferring files

Reaction score
I have two PPC G4's one is running 10.4.11 and the other is running 10.5.8. Both of which have multiple hard drives. I am attempting to migrate from the older G4 to the newer one. I know Migration Assistant will migrate the drive running the OS X software, but MA is not recognizing the secondary hard drive. My options are 1) transfer the secondary to an external which will take days and transfer it to the new computer which will take more days, the 2) option is to go over my network which will take WEEK. I'm trying to find a way to transfer directly over firewire as I believe that will be the quickest way to do this. Directly over ethernet is another option. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If you boot the old computer into Target Disk Mode by holding down the T key at startup (a firewire logo should appear on the screen if successful), you turn that computer into a dumb external hard drive. Connect it to the newer computer with a FireWire cable, and the icons for the old computer will appear on the desktop of the new computer. Drag and drop the files where you need them to go. Transfer should be fairly quick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.