How to read azw3 file on my iPhone Kindle?

Reaction score
Hello. Could anyone tell me how to read azw3 file with my iPhone4 Kindle app? Also, I would like to know how to read these files on my MacBook(OS 10.5.8).
I have just downloaded Kindle app to my MacBook, but I couldn't read these files..:\ Could anyone tell me what to do? Thanks a lot!

C

chas_m

Since you purchased these books from Amazon, you just re-download them (free) on whatever device you are using.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Amazon has been having some trouble with this new format on their own readers which have required a hard reset of the device.
Only sometimes works by re-downloading the book.

If you are unable to open it after downloading the particular book, would have to suggest you uninstall the Kindle app and redownload/reinstall it to see if that works.

Have not seen this discussion pertaining to the Kindle app on devices other than their own.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.