How To Convert Files From Toshiba Camelio to Mac 10.4.11?

Reaction score
Hiya folks! Bought a Toshiba Camileo for my daughter for Christmas. I opened early so I knew for sure how it worked and such. Well I cannot get the files to open on my Mac, which is 10.4.11. I tried an earlier version of Handbrake this morning, and it downloaded, but it would not open the file.

Step by step would be fantastic, but any and all help would be appreciated. Santa is freaking a little. lol

Thanks a bunch in advance!:D

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Hiya folks! Bought a Toshiba Camileo for my daughter for Christmas. I opened early so I knew for sure how it worked and such. Well I cannot get the files to open on my Mac, which is 10.4.11. I tried an earlier version of Handbrake this morning, and it downloaded, but it would not open the file.

Step by step would be fantastic, but any and all help would be appreciated. Santa is freaking a little. lol

Thanks a bunch in advance!:D

Try VLC
http://www.vlc.cc/jump/download-the-best-media-player/?pk=27

EDIT: Also, depending on your Mac Specs, might be a good time to consider upgrading your OS. If you have an Intel Mac you should be able to run Snow Leopard ($29 from the Apple Store)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Do you know what file type they are? What extension does it show?

OP
N
Reaction score
What I have done is pulled out the SD card and put it into a reader, plugged it into Mac and copied the file to desktop. The file looks like a Quicktime... .AVI file. It would not open in Quicktime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Indeed try VLC, or also try Perian for Quicktime, a free plug in that will play virtually any file you throw at it.

OP
N
Reaction score
The camera is a Toshiba Camileo H30 HD Camcorder. All your responses and knowledge are greatly appreciated.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The camera is a Toshiba Camileo H30 HD Camcorder. All your responses and knowledge are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the additional info. If looks like the format is indeed AVI and VLC and Perian are probably still your best options.
HtH

OP
N
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! What a challenge this has been! lol... but finally I was able to get Perian on my computer and it is the winner! Nothing else would work on my computer. Frustrating, but nice to finally have a solution. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and assistance. Santa can chill now:)

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh my goodness! What a challenge this has been! lol... but finally I was able to get Perian on my computer and it is the winner! Nothing else would work on my computer. Frustrating, but nice to finally have a solution. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and assistance. Santa can chill now:)

Outstanding!
:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.