External HD for Mac and PC (partition)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
You can use any external HD with Windows and Mac. It all depends on how you format and partition them. You do not need their software to do that.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, so i don't need any additional software to see both partitions from my mac and windows machines?

Which External HD do you recommend?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
You can see FAT partitions from Windows and the Mac. You cannot see Mac formatted partitions from Windows. There might be software to do that, but I have never tried. You can see NTFS partitions from both, but you need some kind of software on the Mac. I use Paragon NTFS. I would recommend using NTFS and something like Paragon NTFS if you are doing a lot of going back and forth. There are limitations with FAT. I would not recommend plugging both in at the same time. I have never done that either. I am sure someone will chime in if they have.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I do 50% graphical presentation work using the Adobe software (which is better on Mac), and 50% CAD/3d rendering software that only works on Windows.

So, i'd used the volume 50/50 for work stuff. I produce back grounds and PDF's from the windows side that I make finish presentations with using Illustrator or Photoshop. I wouldn't really need to write to the windows side.

Reaction score
External HD not reconised on PS3

I just bought a new slim PS3 and wanted to watch some videos I have on my external HD but for some reason the PS3 doesnt recognise the HD. I can see it on my mac just fine but it wont show on my PS3 (or PC's for that matter). Any suggestions. Its a 120gd maxtor one touch HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.