Need help with my mac! Overheat dunno if its the graphics

Reaction score
Hi, im having this huge overheating problem when playing tf2 on my mac it makes my fps go super low and i need help to fix it, it happens with every game, maybe i need to clean my dust its been like 4 years with out cleaning my fan and im worried, its a macbook late 2009 with 4g ram
here is a pic http://imgur.com/GCOjM3A
soryr for the quality

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It may be time to open it up again and blow the dust out of it. Make sure the fan is working as it should. Your FPS is not going to be that great anyway since your machine uses integrated graphics that borrows memory from the system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD not retina xD
I would open it up, blow the dust out with a can of compressed air. And if this computer of yours has Intel fans, install SMC fan control, it lets you monitor exhaust temp, and lets you change RPM. Then you just turn up the RPM up all the way when you play games. If worst comes to work, bring it in to a repair shop and get it repasted. That always works!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.