I ordered my iMac G5 last night

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
Well, i ordered the computer last night. I ordered the iMac G5 combo with eveything else standard. I ended up getting the Canon PIXMA MP760.

I can't wait for the computer to get to my house.

I think i am going to take the day off of school to open it up!!! :)

I also went to newegg.com and order 2GB of memory for it.

And the best part is that it is all on my dads CC. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 1.33/512/80GB - Macbook 1.83/CD/2GBs ram.
prostuff1 said:
Well, i ordered the computer last night. I ordered the iMac G5 combo with eveything else standard. I ended up getting the Canon PIXMA MP760.

That's always a plus isn't it? Anyway, congrats. I'm new to macs and I'm ordering the mini tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I've got an iMac and trust me, you'll be wowed as I am still at this very moment. Now go and give your daddy a big hug.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
yeah, i gave him a hug last night.

And today when he got home from work i had a cold mug of beer and cheeseburgers already cooked for him. lol

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
prostuff1 said:
yeah, i gave him a hug last night.

And today when he got home from work i had a cold mug of beer and cheeseburgers already cooked for him. lol

Good on you! He's a smart dad. Now, if only I can get my step dad to remember to press the "Talk" button on cordless phone, I might get him to actually embrace technology and buy me something, instead of hatting it. He still thinks the rotary telephone is better.

Reaction score
iWhat said:
Good on you! He's a smart dad. Now, if only I can get my step dad to remember to press the "Talk" button on cordless phone, I might get him to actually embrace technology and buy me something, instead of hatting it. He still thinks the rotary telephone is better.
technology IS SOMETIMES TOUGH TO GET A HANDLE ON WHEN YOU'VE GROWN UP WITHOUT IT .BELIEVE ME I KNOW! COULD BE HE JUST DOESN'T UNDERSTAND IT i know plenty of older people that shy away just because it's something that is not part of everyday life as we were growing up. We get set in our ways and it's a tough cookie to crack

BTW back on track Congrats to the new computer owner ;)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iNAP said:
technology IS SOMETIMES TOUGH TO GET A HANDLE ON WHEN YOU'VE GROWN UP WITHOUT IT .BELIEVE ME I KNOW! COULD BE HE JUST DOESN'T UNDERSTAND IT i know plenty of older people that shy away just because it's something that is not part of everyday life as we were growing up. We get set in our ways and it's a tough cookie to crack

BTW back on track Congrats to the new computer owner ;)

Oh, yes. I hear you there. My grandmother is as stubborn as a Mule, when it comes to learning new things.

S

sonofapplepm

prostuff1 said:

LUCKY DAWG!! LOL

E

embries

My pops is pushing 60 and he's learned how to use a Windows PC over the last 2 years fairly well. He'd never touched a computer before and they kinda shoved them on the people where he works. Required them to submit reports via internet etc. He's actually getting pretty good at it. Can switch networking from wireless/wired/telephone at will. Change resoloutions execute apps etc. Give those old dogs more credit. The problem is not that he can't learn it its that he doesn't want to learn it. My pops would have never learned PC environment if not forced by his job.

Reaction score
Well, my grandparents are typically adapt to picking up new technology, but a few years back, when they were convinced it was time to buy a PC, they went with a Gateway.

Funny thing is, when he hooked in the mouse, he held it up to the screen to work it. Hey, at least he tries.

Too bad a month later HD died. What a terrific first PC experience. Wish I had known about macs then.

B

badmojo

djlee12 said:
Funny thing is, when he hooked in the mouse, he held it up to the screen to work it. Hey, at least he tries.

I just tried that with my w/o mouse. What a trip.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
djlee12 said:

My step dad did that. I replied, "You got to be kidding me."

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new purchase. :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
djlee12 said:
Well, my grandparents are typically adapt to picking up new technology, but a few years back, when they were convinced it was time to buy a PC, they went with a Gateway.

Too bad a month later HD died. What a terrific first PC experience. Wish I had known about macs then.

My grandparent (grandfather)is pretty good at working his computer. He bought a NEC a long time ago and it is ancient. He came up a couple of days ago and i should him what computer we were buying and i think i have got him thinking about getting new one. :) More then likely a mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.